Monday, August 17, 2009

Tsubo Amset Review


Not to make you jealous, but the Tsubo Fairy ALSO sent me a pair of Amset pumps to review.

OK, to make you jealous.

Can you see that perforated metallic pink leather inside the shoe, there? Yeah, that means SQUISHY DELICIOUS COMFORT, my friends. These pumps are a new style for fall, and they might actually trump my beloved Acreas in comfort.


Such a great design, no? That heel is high enough to provide some fantastic leg-elongation, but not so high that you feel like you're going to topple. Thick enough to provide stability, but not so thick that it appears dowdy. The sole is sturdy but flexible, making these fantastically walkable. They're not 3+ hour jobbers like my Acreas and recently-acquired Nabus, but I could do at least an hour of straight walking in these beauts.

And that suede? The most gorgeous blood red you've ever seen.

Tsubo has been making athletic-y shoes for years, and I'm a longtime fan of those, too. But I am increasingly convinced that their dress shoes are some of the most versatile, stylish, and comfortable available today.


Have you given Tsubo dress shoes a whirl? Think these Amsets might tempt you to do so?

11 comments:

Gillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gillian said...

Wow, I'm a tool. HAHA. I'm so used to entering for things on here, that what I meant to say was "Do they ship to Canada?" I should really stop going on the internet moments after waking up from a nap, huh? And they don't have the red suede online.

Diana said...

Those are gorgeous! I love that blood red color.

jennine said...

it's amazing how often the perfect red shoe is overlooked... these are darling!

metscan said...

Being tall ( 5 ft 10 ), I and many others, have always thought that shoes with heels are not suitable for me. I have had to come all the way to this certain age to prove to myself and the many others, that we have all been wrong. You look great with heels, and I now believe heels do the trick for me too. This has a lot to do with accepting and loving your body! Some time ago I went to a shop, one which sells Tod´s. The SA told me that the fall shoes have not yet arrived, but that unfortunately they have all heels. With my new born self-esteem I was SO mad at her for saying something like that for me. I can/will work the heels if I choose to!

lisa said...

Great review! When I do wear heels they have to last me from the a.m. to the p.m. and still be comfortable; I haven't found too many pairs that can boast this feat, but these Tsubos look like they might be up to the challenge!

Clare said...

Soooo gorgeous! And yes, SO jealous.

Francesca said...

Sal, those Nabu's are intriguing! I've been looking for a sharp looking shoe-bootie type that I can actually walk in. Can you give us a review of those hot new shoes and how you're wearing them?
Many thanks!

lopi said...

These are positively yummy! Perfect color, perfect style and comfortable as well? Sign me up!

Sal said...

Francesca: Already done, my dear! They're super comfy ...

http://apcontestsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2009/08/tsubo-nabu-review.html

Errin said...

Sally, just a note from the Tsubo team to let you know that there is a store in LaCrosse, WI called Kick. The owners of the store, Andrea and Allison, are going to wear the Tsubo Eini--another new mid-height heel--when they walk a 5K on September 12 to raise money for breast cancer. If these ladies can do a 5K in our heels, I think we can make it from 9-5! Glad you like the Amset! And thanks to your readers for their great feedback too.