Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tsubo Nabu Review


OK. So y'all know I'm dedicated to my Tsubo Acreas. I've got those bad boys in 5 colors, and they show up CONSTANTLY in my outfit posts. And while these new-for-fall Tsubo Nabus aren't quite as versatile - with that awesomely funky lacing on the front - I fell in love with them on sight. I could tell that they were built on the same shoe body as my Acreas, with that fantastically walkable heel and quirky understated slingback, and envisioned them as ideal wear-with-pants shoes for cooler weather.

The good folks at Tsubo were kind enough to send some Nabus my way, and kittens? Now that they're in my possession, I am head over heels for these shoes. I seriously didn't think it was possible, but Tsubo has added more cushion-y goodness to the footbed to make these among my most comfortable pump-style shoes. These are 3+ hour walking shoes ... at least for someone who is most comfortable in a low- to mid-heel.


As is the case with my Acreas, the leather is treated to look a bit distressed and marks easily - but I've found that a quick touch-up with my oil sponge makes them look good as new. The color is a little gray-er than shown on the site, which I actually prefer, and the lacing is just irresistably appealing.


I don't think I can wait for fall. These Tsubo Nabus are going into rotation RIGHT NOW.



What do you guys think of these shoes? A little more "out there" than the Acreas but still super-wearable? Not really your speed? I am MAD for lacing these days, so I'm admittedly biased ...

24 comments:

fromsneakerstostilettos said...

I love them! They are the most beautiful laces that I have seen in a long time. I would wear themeven with capris or s funky skirt - although jeans and chincos are great as well.

pixelhazard said...

Oh man,I love cool laces. I really want a pair. *Lust*

Clare said...

Rad rad rad rad rad!!!!

I am so saving up for a pair!!

Rosie Unknown said...

really nice, but I don't think I could wear a shoe that shape.

L said...

wow those look way cute! the fashion of heels mixed with comfort of shoe? awesome!
I wish they had a dealer out here so I could actually try them on!

fröken lila said...

i think they are amazing, especially the lace-up detail. though , i am not totally convinced about the slingback part, as that takes away a little of their versatility, making them unusable for winter...

Make Do Style said...

I do think they are fierce and funky. I'd wear them with either rolled up chinosor opaques adn short skirt.

Oranges And Apples said...

they are GORGEOUS! I do think the heel is quite high though! for me anyway...

Meli22 said...

That is such a cute outfit! The shoes are not my taste, but I love how they work with your style and outfit! ; )

Middle Aged Woman said...

gorgeous. and they look great with those pants!

Middle Aged Woman said...

sigh...sadly, as usual, the cutest shoes don't come in wide widths.

WendyB said...

I like those! They look a little elvish. For sex-ay elves.

Audi said...

Totally gorgeous, and so very Sal. Love 'em with those pants!

BAM said...

I love the lace details on these shoes. They do look very "sal"

K.Line said...

I think these are great for you Sal - they meet all your criteria including the all important comfort. The colour is just amazing - like mushroom. And they are totally in your shoe style. For me, I think they're a little out there - I don't know that they'd work in my wardrobe. But hey, if they send me some, maybe I'll change my mind :-)

GoodLookingCorgi said...

They are like badass laced up oxfords. And the are comfy to boot? That is very awesome.

Hanako66 said...

they are seriously GORGEOUS!

Jane Winkler said...

Love them! I just bought my first pair of Tsubos...what is this "oil sponge" you speak of?

Mary Sailors said...

They are SO adorable!! Sweet find!

Sonja said...

Wow, I never woulda guessed that. The look fabulous and are super super fabulous, because they're comfy. Nicely done!

Erin said...

I LOVE em.

BAM said...

Oh my, you're going to flip. I was at a Ross yesterday and saw Tsubo shoes for $16.99. No joke.

They were an older style (looked like Acrea, but with open toe).

Unfortunatly, none in my size!

Rach said...

Adorable!

Mimi said...

Love these. Unique and chic!