Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Name Necklace Review

The folks over at My Name Necklace asked me to take a look at one of their nameplate necklaces, so they sent me a sample.


The packaging was really lovely - tidy and minimal, but simultaneously festive and sweet. I loved that little fold-open asymmetric box.


And the necklace itself is darling! I never wear gold, so I got mine in sterling. It's extremely bright and smooth, with clean edges. If you take a magnifying glass to it, you can see some minor scratches along the plate surface, but overall it appears to be a well-made piece.


And although the trend factor is LONG since past, what with Sex and the City being off the air for years, I'm actually tickled at the idea of flaunting my nameplate during the trend faux pas period.

If you're interested in picking one up for yourself, head on over to My Name Necklace and poke around. You can splurge on 14K gold for $139.95, or stick to sterling at a measly $29.95. Geez, am I a cheap date, or what?

12 comments:

pixelhazard said...

Lol, you're not a cheap date! How lovely. I love this idea. I think i shall remember it for monthers day

Everything Is Better Tinted Purple said...

Besides, who wants what everyone else has when everyone else has it - it's better to be your own ORIGINAL and start the trend all over again! Looks great.

Funny thing is, I think my mom had a name plate necklace back in the 70s when I was a kid. I thought it was the coolest thing back then. Dont you love how fashion just keeps coming around and around?

Bianca said...

You know what i have seen lately? People putting their twitter moniker on these. Hilarious right? Wearing a chain that says @suzyque around your neck for example - amuses me to no end.

Julie Parker said...

Cute!

Middle Aged Woman said...

I will NOT be wearing my Twitter name on my neck anytime soon. Maybe my blog name? Is there a letter limit?

Sal said...

Hahaha! I think I saw a Twitter-specific nameplate necklace plug somewhere ... cannot remember where. My Twitter moniker is my name, so it's a wash for me. ;)

Barb said...

I don't get the appeal.
I'm okay with initials, but full name on a necklace just seems weird to me.
Perhaps useful for avoiding awkward social situations at the bar or...?

Shelley said...

Cute! I like the necklace, I think it would be really pretty if you layered different length necklaces with it.

Carrie said...

Name jewelry has been in and out of style for well over 40 years but it has never gone away. The style varies between names, monograms and initials. I got my Carrie necklace at www.wow-imports.com and love it! They had the best price and free shipping. In any case, I wouldn't be too concerned with what you can see with a magnifying glass unless of course your friends carry one around with them. Hey, if you want to go for something different consider your name in a foreign language or a lace monogram necklace.

David said...

I bought a name necklace for my girlfriend from the website www.NameNecklace.com.au, we are in Australia and they have the best prices in the country - I did my research! And the quality was excellent, she wears it 24/7. Her friends since bought from there too..

carrie said...

Hey David,
Their necklaces are not made in Australia. Also, www.wow-imports.com has better prices and worldwide shipping is free. Are you sure you really checked around? Just wanted to set things straight.

Anonymous said...

May I ask what length that is?