Monday, October 19, 2009

Tsubo Kison Tall Boot Review



The lovely folks at Tsubo sent me a pair of their new Kison boots to try out, and although I thought that slight wedge was darling, I had my doubts. As you all know, I love my heels. LOVE. My flat boots get very little wear because I just feel sexier in my heeled boots.

Well, kittens, I may just have to change my tune.

Something about that ridged/lug sole makes these boots comfier than the brain can reasonably process. When I wear them, I feel like I'm walking around in slippers all day long. And after a single day of wear, I considered betraying my beloved heeled boots and just wearing these to work every single day. And possibly to sleep and bathe in as well.

I really do find them to be fantastically chic in addition to being sinfully comfy. They're beautifully made from quality materials, and include some truly thoughtful design details. There's a wavy seam that runs from toe to top that adds visual interest, and the toe itself is somewhere between round and pointed. The boots are lined with neon green leather, which is just a fun little secret to have and wear. And that wedge? Still darling.


OK, I'm sure my heeled boots will still get plenty of love this season. These Kison boots are marvelous, but decidedly sporty/tough, and that's more of a weekend look for me than an everyday look. But I was still utterly delighted with these boots. They're not exactly a basic and they're not exactly a bargain (at $180 a pair), but if you're looking for a pair of stylish boots that will allow you to walk without pain for hours on end, or a pair that hint at edginess sans chains and studs, I'd definitely recommend the Tsubo Kison.

14 comments:

K.Line said...

That boot is extremely appealing to me. And, while not cheap, for such a useful piece quite reasonable. The wedge is so great. Looks totally stable too.

Alison said...

Very cool boots and deeply fun and practical too. I bet you could find ways to incorporate them in your work wear too.

Kimberly said...

This boots look fantastic. I love heels too, but when you can find flat (or little wedge) and fashionable it is a double win!

Kristen said...

I just bought my first pair of tsubo heels the other day and LOVE them. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sondra said...

After seeing and loving these, I was checking out the Tsubo site to see if they had more flat boots (I'm pretty tall), and now I have So. Much. Want. for the Kiho boot. They're just my style.. can't wait for payday!

The Budget Babe said...

omg i love these. they have my name written all over them! nice to see you rockin' them :)

Audi said...

Those boots are adorable -- I also have my eye on the Kiho in white. My only complaint about the Tsubos is that they don't come in very many interesting colors -- imagine the Nabu in a fiery orange or an electric blue! Their shoes are just MADE to pull off funky colors, so I can't fathom why most styles only come in black and brown.

poodletail said...

Gah. I love these boots. The luggy wedge is a favorite of mine. Do you think these run true-to-size, Sal?

Sal said...

Audi: I totally agree. ANY of these styles in brights would be so chic.

poodletail: True to size or maybe a bit big. I wear an 8 or 8.5 and take an 8.5 in ALL Tsubos, if that's any help.

Career Changer said...

I really like the vibe of these boots. Sort of urban bike babe if that's possible or understandable.

Errin said...

Ladies, this is Errin from Tsubo. Just want to let you know that we're working on being more colorful. You should know that our line starts its life with literally hundreds of colors, but our best retailers typically buy more conservatively. You need to tell your retailers that you'd like to see color color color so we can offer you a lot more options than black or brown! Glad you all like the Kison, and for those of you looking at the Kiho, I have to tell you I just got my pair this week. Have worn them for the past three days. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Anonymous said...

I had to share with all my fellow boot lovers a great product I discovered. They are called JeanGrabbers (www.jeangrabbers.com) and keep jeans in boots. They come in darling prints, the clips have an embossed boot on them, and different metallic finish (one is even copper....) The material is kind of a silky soft elastic, and very comfortable. Check them out, see what you think. (I think they were under $10!)

Anonymous said...

<< I wear an 8 or 8.5 and take an 8.5 in ALL Tsubos, if that's any help. >>

Do you mean, they run a bit small? I'm confused!

joie said...

just bought these on ebay for $50. so excited.