Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Karin Jacobson Leather Cuff Review


You may have guessed this by now, but just in case you haven't: I am a HUGE fan of jewelry designer Karin Jacobson's work. Her chunky pieces remain indescribably graceful despite their heft, and her more delicate work makes me downright glad to be a girl. She re-set my engagement ring, designed my crown ring, and has created about one-fourth of the jewelry I own. And that's saying something.

She's also gorgeous, hilarious, and teaches kickboxing. So do not piss her off.


Karin has worked in sterling and gems for years, but has recently been exploring laser cut materials, and her highly stylized, super funky design sensibilities translate beautifully to these less formal media. I loved her laser cut plastic pieces, but might be even more enamored of her new leather line:



This fantastic Wide Leather Bubble Bracelet ($49.50) is supple and soft, but holds its form beautifully. Karin warned me that it might shed some black bits onto my wrist for the first few wearings ... but after three straight days on my personage, I've seen nary a bit.

Yeah. It's love. I've got a major crush on this cuff. It comes in a light tan leather, too, which is available on her website ... and she's working on some more exotic colors, so stay tuned.

Karin and I will be doing several collaborations in the coming months - including a GIVEAWAY - so check back often!

5 comments:

Jill said...

That cuff is gorgeous!

K.Line said...

Very beautiful! Scarily, when this came up on my reader, I recognized your hand and wrist (before I noticed whose post I was reading). Of course, I don't mean that in a creepy way! :-)

ebinbaby said...

Oh but it doesn't come in black in her online store, only russet :(
Soon perhaps?

Meli22 said...

very pretty! I love new ideas, and I havn't seen something like this yet! :)

Allison said...

It's a SPECTACULAR piece, sweet Sal!