Friday, November 6, 2009

Tsubo Pina Short Boot Review


Yes, I'm a lucky gal. Tsubo also sent me a pair of these Pina boots to review. I'd been admiring these for several months, but wondered how I'd wear them. Again, more of a heels kinda gal overall, and although the slouchy detailing is undeniably cute, I still hesitated.


After having worn them a coupla times, I really do love them. As with ALL my Tsubos, these short boots are fantastically comfortable. These are all-day walking shoes, no question. They're crafted from soft black leather, with a darling pale blue lining. They definitely need to be worn with tights or leggings ... or, come spring, with bare legs. With my straightlegs tucked in, I give myself artificial cankles and with long pants worn over them, the slouchy detail is masked. So these will have limited application for me. But when I showed them to Husband Mike he commented that he thought they filled a hole in my shoe wardrobe - and I have to agree.


Would you wear a pair of Tsubo Pinas? If so, what would you pair with them?

15 comments:

Gillian said...

Damn, I've been lusting after those booties for MONTHS.

Lady Cardigan said...

I'm a jeans person, but I love the look of those. I'm always looking for something comfortable to walk in.

CB said...

Hey I've had my eye on similar looking boots, they're less slouchy but have a cute bow at the ankle. But I wasn't sure how I'd make them work. hmmmm. Like u said, covering up the ankle detail is silly! (but putting my legs on show isn't great) still contemplating, because these look good on you. Le sigh!

(I wish the weather was colder here so I could buy knee-length boots - get to hide my legs!)

Mary said...

TOTALLY. Knee high ribbed socks and a corduroy skirt! Or footless leggings and a denim mini. I love all your boots!!

ebinbaby said...

I think I'd either do patterned tights and a cord/denim knee or just above skirt or skinny jeans tucked in with a tunic sweater...
They look insanely comfortable! Wish they sold Tsubos in Canada so I could try some on!

pretty face said...

Definitely. You are soooo lucky to get them for free!

Christina Lee said...

you ARE a lucky girl!! they look great and so does that outfit, Sal!

Middle Aged Woman said...

I am so sad about having wide feet! I love the look of these, but fear, like the Acreas, that they would be too narrow for my duck-like paddles.

poodletail said...

I would wear these booties exactly as you're wearing them: with a simple dress/tunic, leggings and scarf or funky necklace.
The short, flat ankle boot does nothing to make us wee girls look taller but for some reason this has been a comfortable look for me. Sometimes I don't mind looking short.
(Gorgeous look last night, Sal. The women at our table and others one table over asked me, "Who is that woman? [you]She wins the prize for most elegant and pulled-together! And I could totally wear an outfit like that and look gorgeous, too!")
So.

Alison said...

Those boots would be so versatile. They are great for the winters and wearing dresses, skirts and leggings. Maybe someday I can get the privilege of trying some Tsubo's.

Laura said...

I'm so bad at that stuff but I'd definitely attempt some sort of leggings with them. They're really cute and look very comfortable!!

BarkingDogShoes said...

AH! I would never think to pair them with this dress, but the look is perfect..as always...

Rebecca said...

green knit dress with tights.

SBB said...

Black or magenta leggings with any color skirt! I have a pair of Israeli boots like these that are on their way out, and I think I know what I need as a replacement now!

Heather said...

These are totally adorable! And perfect for a gal whose calves are too muscular to comfortable wear tall boots. That's muscle getting the way, right?....Right?! Just came across your blog from Marketing Mama. Love it and am adding it as a must-read to my own. Cheers!