Thursday, February 4, 2010

Reality in Style - Discount and Sizing Update

My dears, I just got this e-mail from Reality in Style proprietor Denise, and I think you'll be just floored when you read it:

Hey Sally! Your readers are awesome & Rachel & I soooo appreciate their feedback. I just contacted our marker/grader & told him to mark & grade the Bob for an X-Large. Hopefully we will have them in stock within the next 2 weeks. This dress has been running small ... much smaller than the rest of the line. So no one should feel bad about having to order an X-Large--it really is the dress size, not them!

Also, because Rachel & I are so grateful to you & your readers and feel so bad about those readers who love the style, but are unable to afford it--we have changed the discount code so that your readers will now get 45% off all of our items! If any of your readers already ordered (I will check), we will credit them the difference between the 25% and 45% discounts. Because we are not in stores yet, we were able to switch it. We want people happy and starting to wear our line!

Additionally, Rachel and I are going to sit down & re-evaluate the pricing of the line. We need to cover our costs--which will hopefully decrease as we get bigger and at this point in time any money we make is going right back into the company. Again, we are listening to your readers as they are our target audience!

Rachel and I are also going to review the line and our 4 new styles that we are working on to see which items would be flattering on size 16 & 18 women (I hate the term plus size!). My sister is a size 14 and she wears a large in the Claude dress. But again, we will hire models in sizes 16 & 18 and see which looks are the most flattering.


Talk about a vendor who listens! Thanks for your great and honest feedback, everyone, and thanks to Reality in Style for adjusting to the needs of women who love their products.

23 comments:

Kelly said...

This is awesome! Sadly I'm too po' regardless of the new discount, but it is very relieving to hear of a retailer who really CARES what people think and want.

evanadine said...

even with the new discount, these items are sadly still way out of my price range.
but it is SO AMAZING to see a vendor that cares about their customers this much and is willing to give such a fast turnaround time based solely on customer response!
if only more companies did so well.

Solidaritybitch said...

I also cannot afford these beautiful clothes, even with the fabulous discount, but I would encourage any of my friends who are looking for good investment pieces to consider them, especially the tank dress for interviews, etc. What a great piece!

A-C said...

wow--that is amazing. I am incredibly impressed and whereas previously I might not have considered this line, I definitely am now.

Mindy said...

I still can't afford even at 45% off but better times are ahead (someone agree with me, please) and I'll certainly keep them in mind.

A-C said...

Sally--Do you know how long the discount code will work? I may not be able to afford it now, but I might be willing to splurge for graduation attire in the future.

Sal said...

A-C: They didn't give me an expiration date, but I'll check to be sure!

spacegeek said...

Oh wow! I'm heading over there to order right now! Amazing!

TexNYQueen said...

What a fabulous response! It's wonderful to know there are companies who still listen to their customers (or soon-to-be customers).

And that dress looked absolutely fabulous on you.

Sal said...

Glad you're all as impressed as I! Denise says the discount code will be good through the end of February ... but that, after that, they may be totally revamping their price structure anyway. So check back in early spring to see what they're up to.

Gertie said...

This is so cool! All my extra pennies are going toward a new sewing machine, but I will definitely purchase from them in the future. Great company philosophy.

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

Can I tell you - I LOVE these gals! As soon as they get their basic tees in XL, I will be ordering. Do you know how hard it is to find quality basics like these in larger sizes and in natural fibers? Thank you Reality in Style!

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

I also want to say I find it very interesting, but not surprising, that those of us who say we need larger sizes are willing to spend the money for good quality basics. Does that tell you how much we are ignored in the marketplace? It is wonderful to be able to have a conversation with the owners of Reality in Style through your blog, Sal. Thank you!

Tracy said...

Lovely clothes and gorgeous real-life models! One note, I think you probably wanted that sentence to say "...your readers will NOW get 45% off all of our items!"

Loving your blog, such an inspiration!

Almost 40 said...

WOW! That speaks volumes to who they are! It's like a breath of fresh air to have retailers care that much about their customers. Classy.

And that dress is uber flattering!

Anonymous said...

Cotton/lycra or rayon/lycra knits that are labeled dry-clean only? What is that about?

You look beautiful in that color, Sal.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I'm so sad I can't buy from them right now! They seem awesome!!

Christina F. said...

I LOVE the tank dress in grey although (as many others have commented here) the price is still too much for me even with the discount... The quality looks excellent, however, and I'm wondering if the higher prices are because the line is US-made? If so, a rare (but good) thing these days...I'll keep checking the website though - it will be interesting to see how it develops.

daddylikeyblog said...

This is very impressive! And dare I say, a tad heartwarming?

Tina Z said...

Wow! Thanks so much, what an amazing offer!

e. said...

That's great that they are offering this, and also listening to your readers! Now, I just wish that "Reality in Style" meant I could afford it. :)

Steph said...

It's fantastic that the designers are so responsive! Such a great discount, too. Quality is definitely worth a higher price. I looked at their line and really liked many of the items, especially the structured dress, but considering my petite proportioned torso and size 14 curves there's no way anything but a petite in a larger size would work. Long experience has taught me this. Since they're so responsive, hopefully they'll consider the possibility of a full range of petite sizing as well. There are only a few dependable high-quality fashion brands that offer petites in enough sizes now, which really pisses me off no end! :-) Anyway, just a suggestion!

Rachel said...

Hi Steph,
My sister is a petite size and the Jersey items fit her beautifully. But we don't yet have enough feedback to know if that would be for everyone. If you wanted to try anything, you could email me directly and we would happily cover the cost of shipping(and return shipping if needed. But, in exchange for the free shipping, you would have to promise to provide feedback!:) Just email us at info@realityinstyl.com if you are interested.