So. Remember the fine folks who sent me this dress and then responded so swiftly to your input about sizing concerns? They're hoping to get MORE input about something many of us absolutely adore: Cashmere.
Reality in Style is planning to include a cashmere sweater in their fall line, but they're not sure which direction to take the piece. If you'd be willing to weigh in, you might make fashion history by swaying them one way or another!
Here are some questions that Denise, one of the founders sent along to me. Please chime in in the comments. They'd be so grateful for your input:
- Length: I know some people like shorter sweaters & then there are the people like my mother who like them to be even longer. Do your readers have a preference?
- Pullover vs cardigan style: I know this is a tough one since people are apt to wear both. However do you think if your readers were shopping for 1 new sweater for the fall they would prefer a pullover or cardigan style?
- If they like pullovers, do they tend to prefer v-neck or crewneck for the fall?
- If they like cardigans, do they tend to like the ones that have no closures (just lie open), zipper fronts or button fronts? If they like button fronts--do they have a preference on the number of buttons? Or perhaps they would prefer one hidden closure device so that the sweater is almost completely open but they can pull it together?
- In they like cardigans, would they like it to be like a sweater-jacket (complete with a fuller collar)?
- Sizing: In general, do you think your readers prefer form fitting or looser sweaters (ie should they be fitted on the sides or looser)? Are they more apt to buy one size up in sweaters to give themselves more room?
- Pockets: If they like the cardigan style, do they tend to like patch pockets, side pockets (the ones that are hidden on the side seams) or no pockets?
- Do they like their sweaters to fall "loose" at the bottom (you know how some sweaters have ribbing that makes them tighter at the bottom)?
- Lastly, if they were going to buy a sweater in a color for fall other than black or grey, what would it be?
I'll kick things off, shall I?
1. I prefer actual cropped sweaters ... but know most don't. I still prefer a relatively short one to looooong ones.
2. Cardigans are more versatile, I think.
4. I prefer button fronts.
5. Nah, not a fan of sweater jackets.
6. I prefer fitted to boxy.
7. DEFINITELY loose bottom, I abhor ribbing.
8. Maroon, purple, magenta ... something warm and jewel-toned.