Friday, April 9, 2010

Third Willow Clutch Review


The proprietor of handbag and leathergoods vendor Third Willow contacted me a few weeks back since we are both Twin Cities residents. He was such a lovely fellow and I had so hoped to meet up with him at his upcoming trunk show at I Like You, which is part of the MN Fashion Week extravaganza ... but sadly, I'll be out of town. So he was kind enough to send me a clutch bag to review!


It was seriously tough to pick a favorite from the Etsy shop selections, but I am just thrilled with my choice. The bag is a smidge small, but then again I tend to carry 50 tons of stuff in my handbags, so it'll be good to have one that forces me to stick to the basics. The navy leather, textured olive suede, and rich brown croc-print trim are a dynamite combination and I am totally enamored of the harness and stud details. The interior is satin lined with three small pockets and a large open compartment.

AND! I found out when I took my new clutch outside into the sunshine that it is, in fact, a MOOD CLUTCH. Check out how the textured leather turns purple in spots:


This clutch appeals to my softer, warmer palette, which makes it ideal for spring and summer use. And although I generally reserve clutches for fancy evening use, I love that this one could go either casual or formal depending on the accompanying outfit.


If you live in the Twin Cities, PLEASE swing by I Like you on Saturday, April 17 between noon and 5 p.m. for the Third Willow trunk show. You won't want to miss snapping up one of these gorgeous handmade bags!

And if you're NOT a TC resident ... well, I just might have a giveaway for you a little later, so stay tuned.

10 comments:

latoyaaka10 said...

Whoa, I love it! Just the other day I was wondering if your bags are as stylish as your clothes and shoes. This is too cute

Heather Marie said...

What a great find! I luckily live in the TC! I'm going to have to go take a look.

Alexandra said...

I love the bag! I love clutches (although God knows I have trouble downsizing my usual handbag contents!), but a lot of clutches are way too glittery and shiny for daytime use. Not that I mind a bit of glitter and shine, it's just hard to match with everyday clothes.
This one's really lovely and wearable.

Make Do Style said...

I love a clutch.

FashionTheorist said...

OK, the color-changing suede is about the coolest thing I've seen all week. That's awesome! I love how the bag is very conventional and serious-looking inside, but incredibly funky in the sunlight. That could be a fine metaphor for many of us :)

All Women Stalker said...

That is a pretty combination of colors and textures. Lucky you :)

Kimberly said...

Mood leather? Oh I am completely enamored!! The bag is gorgeous!

Mikaela said...

that bag is so fun!! i love that it changes color on top of having such a beautiful design!!

Rebecca said...

I'm in the TC, and am hoping to stop by the trunks how if I have time. After looking through the Third Willow etsy shop, I am in love with this clutch.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=44167590

futurelint said...

Holy crap that is one cool clutch! I wish I could go!