Thursday, November 11, 2010

April Kawaoka Review and Coupon


I got in touch with artisan April Kawaoka several months ago when I raved about my love for her designs. She was kind enough to send me a pair of her Swirly Keen earrings to review.*


Unsurprisingly, the packaging was just as elegant as the earrings themselves.


Now, I own lots of hoops in lots of configurations, but these are fabulous in some very specific ways. They're heavy enough to feel substantial and high-quality, but not so heavy that they pull at my lobes. The dual hoops have loads of lovely movement, and sway beautifully when I walk or turn my head. And they walk that line between quirky and classic - they're pared-down enough to go with everything, but have loads of personality at the same time. I'm gaga for 'em, as you can see from recent outfit posts.


ALL of April's wares are breathtakingly beautiful, and I'm quite sure everything in her shop is just as well-made as my Swirly Keen earrings. She's been generous enough to offer Already Pretty readers 10% off any purchase! Just enter "alreadypretty" in the message to seller section when you check out, and April will send you a revised invoice. The code is valid through November 30, 2010.

And yes, these items will set you back more dough than jewelry items from mall stores ... but April sources and buys her own materials, designs and manufactures everything herself. She's a one-woman show and you'd be supporting a true artisan. Plus, since her pieces are high-quality, they'll last and last. Just a few things to consider ...

Let me know if you buy anything!


*CMP.ly/2

No comments: